Open topic with navigation
> Setting up Sage 200 for the first time
Setting up Sage 200 for the first time
Before you begin to work with your company data in Sage 200 you must do the following:
- Set up your company details.
- Set up any common information.
- Set up your accounting periods. Sage 200 allows you to use open accounting periods. You must specify the maximum number of periods you want to keep open at any one time during your financial year.
- Set up the chart of accounts in the Nominal Ledger. This can be in as little or as much detail as you require. For example, you can include cost centre and department codes to provide detailed financial analysis for different areas of your organisation.
- Set up the Cash Book if you intend to use the Cash Book to manage your cash transactions.
- Set up the Sales Ledger.
- Set up the Purchase Ledger.
- Set up the , if you are using:
- Stock Control.
- Sales Order Processing.
- Purchase Order Processing.
- Set up Manufacturing, if you intend to use Bill of Materials or Manufacturing modules.
- Set up online payment processing if you intend to accept payments online. (Sage 200 also allows you to make electronic bank payments and reconcile your bank statements online.)
Note: The Accounting System Manager is run at the same time as the Sage 200 . Some of the features of the modules are affected by settings you define in Accounting System Manager. For this reason, you may not be able to make changes to Accounting System Manager settings if the other modules are in use.
Go to top