Open topic with navigation
Set up the Purchase Ledger
Before using the Purchase Ledger you must enter settings to customise the ledger to meet your company's needs.
Use the Purchase Ledger settings to set up the defaults for your supplier accounts. These default settings are automatically used when you create a new supplier account. The settings are grouped on several tabs. The setting descriptions may cover more than one box on the window, if the boxes are related.
Use the settings to make decisions about how to use the Purchase Ledger. For example:
- Do you want to store purchase history information?
- Do you want to accept purchase invoices on query before they have been authorised and given nominal status?
- Set up purchase ledger trading periods.
- Set up analysis codes if you want to use additional pieces of information that you can associate with your supplier accounts.
- Set up Factor Houses, if they are used by your supplier to collect payments.
Before you begin
You must have:
- Set your Sage 200 defaults, using the Accounting System Manager module and the Nominal Ledger module.
- Set the currency descriptions and exchange rates if you expect to create foreign currency accounts.
Go to top